The Town Center at the Discovery Building welcomes visitors. All visits to the research space and/or non-public areas of the Discovery Building must be authorized by a Discovery Building occupant. Visitors causing a disturbance will be asked to leave. If the visitor refuses to leave, University Police will be contacted.
For safety reasons and out of respect for all guests, appropriate clothing including shirts and shoes is required while in the Discovery Building.
Photo and Film Policy
Commercial Photo and Film
Projects involving commercial photo and film (such as photo/film taken for publications, catalog shoots, commercial videos and the like) please contact Tricia Nolan at University Marketing (firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-265-9005) to review campus commercial use policies and location agreements. She will work with the Discovery Events team (email@example.com) at the Discovery Building to set guidelines for your project.
Non-Commercial Photo and Film for Personal and Educational Use
No approval is required; please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Photo/film sessions are limited to the first floor.
- Photo/film sessions are limited to a maximum of 2 hours.
- You are not permitted to take photo/film of other visitors.
- You can expect other visitors in any area at any time; photo/film sessions do not take priority over other visitor activities.
- You can expect other events to be taking place at any time; photo/film sessions do not take priority over other events.
- You are not permitted to stanchion off an area for exclusive use.
- In the event you would like to apply to reserve an area for exclusive use, an additional application process and fee are required.
- Identifying building logos, including restaurants and all entities may not be included in any photo/film.
Media Photography/Video at Town Center Events
The Town Center at the Discovery Building welcomes visual and print media representatives to Town Center events and they often take photos and/or video of the people participating. Some of the photos/video may be used to promote upcoming events held in the Town Center. If you are a media representative taking pictures, we ask that you please respect the wishes of anyone who informs you they prefer they not have their photo taken.