Thanks to the generosity of John and Tashia Morgridge, the Cisco TelePresence room offers high-definition, low-delay videoconferencing designed to make people feel like they are meeting face to face.
- Room houses the state-of-the-art Cisco TelePresence video conferencing system. The technology offers high-definition, low delay videoconferencing designed to make people feel like they are meeting face-to-face instead of screen-to-screen
- This room is available to UW–Madison groups only
Included in Room Fee
- Use of TelePresence videoconferencing technology
- Access to the room 15 minutes before your meeting time
- Test call to ensure connectivity during your videoconference
- Event and AV personnel to help you get started at the beginning of your event and on-call support during your event
- Courtesy phone to call for assistance should you need staff support during your reservation
About Cisco TelePresence
Cisco’s TelePresence technology invites vivid collaboration with partners down the street or around the globe. Built into a specially designed room in the Discovery Building, it allows users to connect with other TelePresence rooms, videoconferencing systems, smart phones and the Cisco Jabber Video software for the Mac/PC/iPad.
During a videoconference, the monitor displays an identical semicircular table in the remote TelePresence room, making the tables at each site appear as one round table. When a person in the remote room speaks, he or she sounds and feels as though they are in the room with the local participants.
The Discovery TelePresence room can accommodate up to 18 participants and can seat additional viewers and connect simultaneously with multiple sites. Connections are possible with thousands of TelePresence and other fixed camera videoconferencing rooms, or can be dialed in remotely with a laptop, tablet computer or smart phone.
Discovery and WARF staff strive to offer TelePresence at no cost to users. However, in some cases it may be necessary to pass along the cost of outside service providers.
The room can be reserved online. Scheduling in advance ensures availability of the room when needed, encourages pre-meeting planning and allows timely notifications to participants of time and passcode information.
Reserve Your Space
Offering inspiring spaces for use by campus and community groups. The spaces accommodate lectures, expositions, receptions and banquets.